Even though it is summer you can still use this idea for the beginning of the year. Just come up with 10 things that your students need to know. You can make them funny, silly, or serious. Then next year you can have your kiddos make one for you.
Here is an example you can use to create your own top 10...
10. If you are nice to her, she will be nice to you.
9. Mrs. McDonald likes to sing.
8. When she says "eyeballs", she means stop and look at her.
7. Mrs. McDonald loves hugs!
6. Mrs. McDonald LOVES polka dots.
5. Mrs. McDonald does not like for you to talk in the hall, but she gives the best line walker a piece of candy.
4. Do not talk when Mrs. McDonald is talking.
3. She gives you another chance so that you can learn from your mistake.
2. When Mrs. McDonald asks you to do something, do it the first time.
1. She lets you play games when you are done with your work. -Educational Games :-)